[cairo] Help / incompatibility with the PDF output?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Nov 28 17:37:08 UTC 2023

[Resending with an even smaller image to pass the list limit...]

Hi everyone,

I'm facing an issue with the PDF output of cairo. Basically, the attached
PDF *should* render all text in grayish black. And that's what I see in
Evince. But both GitHub's web PDF viewer, and the MacOS PDF viewer, show
them *wrong*, like below:

[image: image2.png]
I've confirmed that HTML and PS output are fine. If I use ps2pdf to convert
the PS to PDF, then the PDF also renders fine.

I *am* using multiple cairo contexts at the same time to draw those things.
But trying to use just one context for all didn't seem to change anything.

Any help / advice is appreciated. PDF attached.

behdad
http://behdad.org/