This section is for listing various useful pycairo resources, feel free to contribute !
Windows Binary Packages (unofficial)
Precompiled binaries for the Microsoft Windows platform can be obtained from the following sources:
Some Libraries/Modules Using pycairo
- Cairo Plot: a module to plot graphics
- hamster graphics library - a sprite styled abstraction library for drawing and animation in PyGTK
- matplotlib: a python 2D plotting library which produces publication quality figures in a variety of hardcopy formats and interactive environments across platforms.
- PyCha: PYthon CHArts - a Python package for drawing charts
- PyGoocanvas: python bindings for GooCanvas which is a canvas widget for GTK+
- PyGTK: GTK+ for Python.
- rsvg: part of gnome-python-desktop, it provides Python bindings for librsvg
Some Applications Using pycairo
- A Shogiban for Gnushogi.
- gPodder: a podcatcher.
- Miro: Internet TV, HD video player.
- pycairo projects at Google Code.
- Pyroute - OpenStreetMap.
- Shoebot - a pure Python graphics robot.
- Cairo Tutorial for Python (and other) Programmers: Generic introduction to cairo concepts oriented to python.
- Cairo Tutorial for PyGTK Programmers: Tutorial about how to use cairo for drawing in PyGTK.
- Writing a widget using cairo and PyGTK 2.8 Part 1, Part 2: A translation of the GNOME Journal tutorial by Davyd Madeley from C to Python.
See the main cookbook page.